6sense is on a mission to revolutionize how B2B organizations create revenue by predicting customers most likely to buy and recommending the best course of action to engage anonymous buying teams. 6sense Revenue AI is the only sales and marketing platform to unlock the ability to create, manage and convert high-quality pipeline to revenue.
People are the heart and soul of 6sense. We serve with passion and purpose. We live by our Being 6sense values of Accountability, Growth Mindset, Integrity, Fun and One Team. Every 6sensor plays a part in deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. 6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure success by the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
As Commercial Counsel at 6sense, you will be an integral part of the legal team, in our fast-paced and high-growth organization with terrific customers and a creative, dedicated, fun and talented team. We are looking for a sharp-minded, enthusiastic, results-oriented and resourceful individual who wants to be part of a close and collaborative legal and compliance team in a dynamic, SaaS-based marketing and analytics company.
- Assist with customer agreements, working closely with the sales team (at all levels) and our customer base as we grow our pipeline.
- Negotiate NDAs, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, partnership agreements, MSAs, DPAs and other related contracts, and provide strategic advice on behalf of the company.
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise advice and creative solutions on timelines to meet business needs
- Potentially support security and privacy team on legal compliance with existing and emerging federal, state, and international privacy laws
- Participating in relevant organizations to maintain up-to-date knowledge in key areas of interest to the company.
- Maintain and update company legal templates and facilitate their consistent use and help coordinate streamlined approaches to legal department management.
- Depending on background and legal department needs, advise on corporate, human resource, marketing, leasing, and other issues as they arise.
Your Experience And Skills Required
- 2-4 years of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house position relevant to drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on commercial transactions including software as a service inbound/outbound licensing agreements.
- Understanding of commercial and contract law fundamentals, including risk shifting, intellectual property ownership, and fundamentals of licensing.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission to and active status in at least one state bar (and eligible to register for California or an applicable State Bar’s in-house counsel program)
- Team player willing to pitch in when/where needed
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-starter; purpose-driven; willingness to take ownership for a project and drive it to completion
- Strong writing, drafting and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Prior experience with privacy and data protection regulations and negotiating DPAs and privacy addendums is a plus
Base Salary Range: $101,250 to $150,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to work location and experience. The base salary is one component of 6sense’s total compensation package for this position. Other compensation may include a bonus program or commission plan, and stock options if approved by 6sense’s board. In addition, 6sense provides a variety of benefits, including generous health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, self-care days, and paid time off (PTO). #Li-remote
Full-time employees can take advantage of health coverage, paid parental leave, generous paid time-off and holidays, quarterly self-care days off, and stock options. We’ll make sure you have the equipment and support you need to work and connect with your teams, at home or in one of our oﬃces.
We have a growth mindset culture that is represented in all that we do, from onboarding through to numerous learning and development initiatives including access to our LinkedIn Learning platform. Employee well-being is also top of mind for us. We host quarterly wellness education sessions, and everyone has access to meQuilibrium – a platform to encourage self care and personal growth. From wellness days to ERG-hosted events, we celebrate and energize all 6sense employees and their backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Something looks off?