Staff Software Engineer, Data
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
Why join Aetion's tech team?
- You’ll collaborate with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision
- You’ll have the opportunity to coach and mentor colleagues, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management
- The team works on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity.
Looking for more insight into our culture? Check out our LinkedIn Life page here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aetion-inc-/life/lifeataetion
As a Staff level Software Engineer on our Data Analytics & Modeling team you will develop the core infrastructure that underpins the business logic of our system. As part of this you will also contribute to system architecture discussions and help with strategy and execution to improve the core analytical backend of Aetion’s platform. You will work closely with our product managers and scientists to provide insight on technology advancements for the platform’s analytical capabilities, ensuring usability, scalability, reliability, and availability are at the forefront of strategic conversations.
- Develop and document software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the strategic development and execution of the core analytical backend of Aetion’s platform.
- Provide insights on technology advancements for the platform’s analytical capabilities by ensuring scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Work with other software engineers and tech leads to define software architecture and prototype software stack.
- Assist in the development of relevant features and processes to ensure that statistical programs are properly documented and implemented on Aetion's platform according to generally recognized industry and regulatory standards.
- Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software.
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience writing production-level code in Java, Scala, Python, SQL, or R.
- Experience with Spark
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms. Ability to clearly communicate and reason about complex systems both orally and in written form.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Enthusiastic about working in collaborative team environments to find creative solutions for challenging engineering problems.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.