WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
As a Scientific Analyst, you will help Aetion and our clients deliver data analysis results through the use of the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP). This is an exciting opportunity to learn from the leaders in pharmacological epidemiology and to push the boundaries of real-world data analysis in healthcare.
- Work with Aetion team members and clients to implement detailed study protocols for real-world epidemiological studies across disease areas, using the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP) and healthcare claims/electronic health record (EHR) data.
- Become an expert in the AEP’s programming logic, and share that understanding with teammates through presentations, and written documentation, and live discussions to promote accurate and thoughtful data analysis.
- Support client users of the AEP using complex problem-solving and innovative thinking as they work on their own studies across datasets.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal and client-facing resources for customers’ adoption and use of the AEP, such as client trainings, best practices for data analysis on the AEP and other key materials including documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Perform literature reviews in various disease areas and public health domains to support protocol/manuscript writing and to contextualize data analysis results prior to results deliveries
- .With support, present to clients at multiple points in the study trajectory including protocol development, data analysis, and results readout.
- Support the development, submission, and presentation of manuscripts and conference abstracts/posters for client-driven or internally-driven research.
- Dive deeply into datasets to better understand the underlying data structure and uses of different data sources (opportunity to leverage basic SQL).
- Take initiative to own/develop/improve processes that support team productivity, growth, and culture.
- Higher levels of seniority will also include additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, team mentoring, and recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably in public health, sciences, engineering, statistics/mathematics, social sciences, or a related analytic field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- Interest in improving healthcare through technology and data
- Coursework/research in public health, epidemiology, or biostatistics a plus.
- Experience with programming language (R, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with cross-functional teams a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking and collaborative brainstorming.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools and adapt as those tools change.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form.
- Eager to “get things right” by asking questions and sharing learnings with others.
- Eager to receive constructive feedback and learn from mistakes.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.