Senior Software Engineer (Connected Navigation)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
As Software Driven Experience (SWX), we are the software powerhouse of Stellantis, developing innovative tech platforms that can scale across all our brands and delight our customers with a best- in-class experience. For this mission, we are seeking experienced, passionate, diverse, and creative individuals to lead the architectural design of our Connected Navigation systems and platform, integrating advanced in-vehicle software functions with offboard cloud connectivity for next generation vehicles. This position requires both a deep understanding of the unique requirements of automotive software development and of modern software development paradigms like cloud platforms, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence. The successful candidate will be breaking new ground and surpassing existing barriers and paradigms for software development and integration in the embedded automotive space and will have a real impact on how customers interact with future In-Vehicle Infotainment systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer in SWX’s Connected Navigation development team, you will have the opportunity to use your talents and expertise to design and develop new Navigation experiences for a global, multi-brand deployment of millions of upcoming Stellantis cars over the next years. Your solid contributions are either in-vehicle functionalities for our next generation Navigation Application, incorporating technologies like AOSP, Linux, C++, Unity and ReactNative to shape the customer touchpoint. Or you focus your contributions on rock solid, scalable and secure AWS-based backend services in Java/C++ to shift complex navigation workloads to the cloud or integrate internal or external service and content providers. If you are eager to make a significant impact on Connected Navigation and create outstanding customer experiences, we welcome you to apply and join our team!
- Own the software architecture and technical designs for components of the Connected Navigation system within your own team and architect them for scalability, reliability, testability and performance.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to the team to enable delivery of features and system components.
- Understand requirements between systems and be able to translate them into well-balanced technical designs that can be implemented in an iterative approach enabling agility.
- Deliver a best-in-class operational excellence by implementing observability (e.g. alerting, metrics) as a first class and support in the creation of operational artifacts (e.g. postmortems, playbooks).
- Build scalable, highly available and resilient applications based on the best cloud stack and languages that suit the business the most.
- Set technical direction and coordination for Junior Developers, support mentoring and onboarding processes
The responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer for Connected Navigation include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop cloud based and onboard connected vehicle services and features
- Design, code, test, and own applications that deal with real-time event-based data as well as large amount of streaming data
- Solve complex technical problems using industry best practices while being compliant to enterprise security policies, working closely with stakeholders from the business and our partners.
- Build cloud-based REST APIs and micro services using cloud technologies.
- Use agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD) to realize the technical solution
- Collaborate with product owners and business analysts to identify minimal viable product and support user stories definition
- Develop automation, monitoring, and debugging tools
- Drive continuous improvement through code reviews, monitoring, and defect analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Software development experience in one or more high level programming languages and frameworks (Languages: Java, C++, Node.JS, Python).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with navigation systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Cloud Technology (HTTPS, MQTT, AWS, K8S) and DevOps operation models.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the field of Automotive Navigation
- Advanced level English skills
- Customer focused mindset to create outcomes that matter
- Excellent analysis skills, problem solving and organization skills
- Passionate about delivering high quality solutions
- Self-starter, a strong sense of ownership, gets things done mentality
- Capable of taking decisions in time, while dealing with uncertainties and incomplete information
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization and the ability to multitask
- Good team player and work well with people from different nationalities and sites
- Experience working with global teams including supporting global time zones and be able to work with multiple suppliers
Considered as a plus
- Master's degree in a business or technical field connected to Automotive or Navigation
- 1-3 years of experience in Microservice Architecture
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and long-term bonus system
- Fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday, nearby at one of the best all-you-can-eat restaurants in Budapest or delivered by Wolt for Work
- Work on the hottest applied research problem in an agile working culture, backed by a strong, stable and future-proof industrial partnership
- Develop solutions for one of the largest car manufacturers with a global reach
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Be proud of seeing your solution on the road
- Visit relevant international conferences, submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance