Senior Software Engineer - Localization and Mapping
Location: Budapest, Hungary
As Software Driven Experience (SWX), we are the software powerhouse of Stellantis, developing innovative tech platforms that can scale across all our brands and delight our customers with a best-in-class experience. For this mission, we are seeking experienced, passionate, diverse, and creative individuals to contribute to advanced Localization and Mapping algorithms for automated driving. This position requires both a deep understanding of the unique requirements of automotive software development and of modern software development paradigms. The successful candidate will be breaking new ground and surpassing existing barriers and paradigms for software development and integration in the embedded automotive space and will have a real impact on how an autonomous vehicle localizes itself in an accurate environment model.
As a Senior Software Engineer in SWX’s Localization & Mapping development (On – board) team, you will have the opportunity to use your talents and expertise to design and develop new automotive-graded mapping and localization software for global, multi-brand deployment of millions of upcoming Stellantis cars over the next years. Your solid contributions are focused on in-vehicle functionalities for our next generation of automated vehicles, to boost their perception stack with advanced environmental models. If you are eager to make a significant impact on Localization & Mapping technologies, we welcome you to apply and join our team!
- Design, implementation, testing and analysis of Localization & Mapping SW components for automated driving.
- Understand requirements between systems and be able to translate them into well-balanced technical designs that can be implemented in an iterative approach enabling agility.
- Work with other algorithmic teams to develop cutting-edge core functionality for map-based driving functions.
- Optimize map access and localization functions to enable real-time safety-compliant implementation of map-based functions on our driving stack
- Work with AI perception teams to efficiently fuse and leverage data from maps and perception.
- Solve complex technical problems using industry best practices while being compliant with enterprise security policies, working closely with stakeholders from the business and our partners.
- Use agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD) to realize the technical solution
- Collaborate with product owners and business analysts to identify minimal viable products and support user story definition.
- Drive continuous improvement through code reviews, monitoring, and defect analysis
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Advanced knowledge of C++.
- Advanced level English skills
- Customer-focused mindset to create outcomes that matter
- Excellent analysis skills, problem-solving and organization skills
- Passionate about delivering high-quality solutions
- Self-starter, a strong sense of ownership, gets things done mentality
- Capable of making decisions in time, while dealing with uncertainties and incomplete information
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization and the ability to multitask
- Good team player and work well with people from different nationalities and sites
- Experience working with global teams including supporting global time zones and being able to work with multiple suppliers
Considered as a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with navigation systems.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the field of Automotive Navigation.
- Experience in developing and deploying product-grade software on embedded or automotive platforms, especially Adaptive-Autorsar-Compliant.
- Hands-on experience on statistics, data analysis, sensor fusion, Kalman filtering, particle filtering.
- Proved know-how in some of the following domains: Robotics, Computer Vision, Localization, Mapping, SLAM; Control Theory and Deep Learning as a further plus.
- PhD on Computer Vision, Geometric Vision, Deep Learning or Robotics.
- Knowledgeable on Global-scale map building and geographic information systems, vehicle sensors and components, such as GNSS, digital maps, odometers, radar, cameras, lidars, vehicle kinematics and dynamics.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and long-term bonus system
- Fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday, nearby at one of the best all-you-can-eat restaurants in Budapest or delivered by Wolt for Work
- Work on the hottest applied research problem in an agile working culture, backed by a strong, stable and future-proof industrial partnership
- Develop solutions for one of the largest car manufacturers with a global reach
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Be proud of seeing your solution on the road
- Visit relevant international conferences, submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance