Principal Software Backend Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
About the Team
The Engineering team at Clari is an Agile shop that practices Scrum across all of our teams. We layer in coordination practices such as Big Room Planning to stay aligned to Clari’s KPIs quarterly across sites and teams. If you love working in an Agile environment that values collaboration and continuous improvement then we can’t wait to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Principal Backend Software Engineer to architect services, build features, design and implement API’s, and improve the performance, observability, and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
We develop Enterprise SaaS products, fundamentally powered by AI and Analytics to transform the way track, forecast, and predict revenue. We are 100% cloud-native and build our product using reliable tools and technologies that our team knows and trusts, including Java, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and AWS. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with common web languages (Such as Python or Ruby) and other databases are fine substitutes.
We’re a collaborative team that genuinely enjoys working together with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, backend, frontend, mobile, automation, and quality engineers to make Clari a better product. We’re looking for engineers that have a passion for building great products with simplicity, usability, scalability, and reliability in mind.
This is a work-from-home or hybrid opportunity based in Kraków, Poland. Candidates must be based in Poland.
- Shape and implement the technical strategy and roadmap for Clari’s product backend services and systems
- Scope and lead large technical and cross-functional projects with enormous impact across many teams at Clari. Implement significant portions of the system and help others in the implementation
- Own and improve the operational excellence, efficiency, and sustainability of many of Clari’s backend services and systems.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the product and fine-tune our services and systems to support millions of requests
- You’ll not only define the systems’/services’ long-term health but also debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack, and uplevel the observability and reliability of the overall system
- Actively mentor engineers, especially Senior and Staff Engineers to help them grow, and uplevel the Clari Engineering organization
- Envision, shape, and improve engineering standards, tooling, best practices, and processes
- Strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience building impactful large-scale products or systems using Java or a similar object-oriented language
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large systems at enterprise scale with great impact and a proven track record of success (e.g. including well-designed APIs, data models, indexing, and efficient algorithms)
- Skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently
- Excellent communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Annual Well-being and Professional Development Stipends
- Private Healthcare and Multisport Pass
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.