Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
Who we are:
We are a brilliant team making our own history to evolve the ecommerce industry. Our mission is to accelerate the gross merchandise value of the internet by ending the pain of replatforming. Our products are centered around optimizing the digital commerce experience so everyone has the opportunity to shop seamlessly. We provide them with the last platform they will ever need.
Your next career move should be bold and we have the experience you are seeking. We build and ship products & solutions that enable merchants to compete and deliver a world class differentiated shopping experience online.
Are you a disruptor? We want your ideas, skills, and expertise to help build our products that will make customers happier when they shop online and we want to build these tools in such a way that any merchant can deploy these experiences painlessly and quickly, The best part? Every bit of your work at fabric will help scale the business of our customers.
No matter what field you are in, fabric has exciting opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference and skilled at what they do!
Here are four questions you should ask yourself:
- Do I believe in fabric's mission?
- Am I eager to build cool things?
- Am I excited to collaborate with brilliant people?
- Am I motivated to disrupt e-commerce?
If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you!
Where we hire:
This role can be located in California, Washington State, Massachusetts, Texas or New York.
Your next career:
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer with over a decade of industry experience in building and scaling commerce software, with a focus on commerce components and software as a service products. The ideal candidate should have a proven ability to lead and mentor engineers, and the demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will work on building our next-generation commerce platform. You will lead a team of talented engineers, architects, and product managers to design and implement scalable, reliable, and efficient solutions. You will provide technical guidance and mentorship to your team, ensuring that our codebase is of the highest quality and adheres to best practices.
Candidates should have expertise in the domain of commerce technology and have built systems at an enterprise scale. Deep familiarity with a commerce domain like Pricing or Product or Orders is a plus. You should also be well-versed in AWS systems and have extensive experience with Dynamo, RDS, E(C/K)*, containers, etc., and other AWS primitives. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and efficient solutions for our commerce platform using AWS systems and services
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a team of engineers, architects, and product managers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery of features
- Work closely with product management to define product requirements and roadmaps
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in our technology stack and development processes
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry trends in commerce technology and AWS
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of industry experience in building and scaling commerce software
- Experience building commerce components and software as a service products
- Proven ability to lead and mentor engineers
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Expertise in the domain of commerce technology and experience building systems at an enterprise scale
- Deep familiarity with a commerce domain like Pricing or Product or Orders is a plus
- Extensive experience with AWS systems and services such as Dynamo, RDS, E(C/K)*, containers, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
This role will receive a competitive salary, along with a variable compensation, equity and benefits. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone's compensation - including a candidates professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base salary for this role will be between USD 153k to USD 205k.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Wellness & Technology Programs
- 401k Program
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
*fabric is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
fabric requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in-person in our offices and externally with any third-parties, unless the employee requests and is granted an accommodation. Questions about this requirement should be addressed to fabric’s People team.