Senior Software Engineer - (Trade Ops-Infra)
Who are we?
FalconX is the most advanced digital asset platform for institutions. We provide trade execution, credit & treasury management, prime offering and market making services. Given our global operations, industry-leading technology and deep liquidity, we have facilitated client transactions of $1 trillion in volume. Our products & services are regulated, compliant and trusted.
We are a team of engineers, product builders, institutional sales and trading leaders, operations experts, and business strategists. Our teammates have entrepreneurial experience and come from companies such as Google, Apple, Paypal, Citadel, Bridgewater, and Goldman Sachs. And, we embody our values: Think big; Drive bold outcomes; Be one team; Iterate with speed; and be an entrepreneur.
We prioritize learning. Outcomes are mission-critical, but we also believe that learning in success and in failure will drive our continued success. Our industry is emergent - there’s no shortage of experiments to get involved with and to continue growing and learning together.
What you’ll be working on:
- Build and maintain a centralized tool within/across various exchanges to support reliable and flexible asset transfers
- Design and build Middleware systems to support all company product lines
- Design and build multiple data driven intelligent systems to streamline the trade operational process. This involves but not limited to customer attribution logic, configuration management design, process management, deployment, monitoring, data collection, and analysis
- Design and implement effective attribution logic to support complex settlement for sub account, virtual accounts etc
- Own End-to-End engineering flow including troubleshooting production issues resulting from internal and external factors, monitor and troubleshoot trading systems and exchange/venues proactively
- Design and create customer facing products and internal tools, write performant code adhering to company's coding style guides with proper unit test coverage, identify bottlenecks in the system and improve application response times.
- Work with engineers, product managers, business team and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Take ownership of technical aspects of our infrastructure, ensuring that the platform is being used to its fullest potential through designing and building applications around our customer’s needs
- Review and monitor current engineering work, as well as previously constructed applications, to ensure the software is running as smoothly as possible
- Rapidly iterate to add new functionality, solve complex problems with simple, intuitive, and customer focused solutions while shipping quality application
- Provide support for platform related issues; Triage and ﬁx issues reported to help with timely resolution.
- BE/Btech degree with equivalent years of experience, CS preferred
- You have at least 6 years of experience in software engineering and have experience to work with production scale web applications
- You have at least 2 years experience writing production code in either one of the Python / Java / Golang
- You have at least 1 year working in AWS environment, and should be familiar with modern web technologies like AWS cloud, MySQL database, Redis caching, messaging tools like Kafka/SQS etc
- You’re comfortable working backend, and are excited about diving into the backend or datastore as needed
- You have good knowledge regarding data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- You have understand of modern industry technical methodologies and are comfortable operating in dynamic environments
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that expand our product to next level
- Strong communication skills and collaborative mindset with detail-oriented approach to operations