Technical Program Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, December 9, 2021
About epiFi :
Who we are: Simply put, a Fintech startup for digital natives. Our mission is to help our users demystify their finances, maximize their savings and spend intelligently. We are building a highly secure ‘hub’ - a savings account that allows you to consolidate your finances in a single intuitive view.
Who we’re looking for: Exceptional, innovative people! Passionate about delightful user experiences, clear about doing the right thing and hungry to impact millions of lives.
Why you should work with us: We are about doing the right thing always, both for our team and users. We are a positive, transparent and inclusive community celebrating success together, encouraging bias for action and individual brilliance. We are ambitious and want everyone to think ‘impact and growth’. Our office is not just fun, it is human, nimble and business-like.
With rich experience in the world’s leading tech companies and banks, we deeply and equally understand both the ‘fin’ and ‘tech’ in fintech. Funded by leading global VCs, we’re in pursuit of a fantastic experience for both our consumers and colleagues. epifi is an equal opportunity employer and proud of it.
We aspire to create an inclusive culture of diverse people not just because it's the right thing to do but because heterogeneity inspires us and is more fun! We employ people solely on merit and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
What this role is about :
We are looking at an experienced “Technical Program Manager” to join our expanding team. In this role, you will partner & collaborate with the software development and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products with the most efficient use of resources and technologies.
You will work with all the stakeholders to :
1. Assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
2. Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
A successful candidate would ideally be from a strong software engineering background, be detail driven, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
The team will work on a diverse technology stack to help develop and deploy web and mobile applications on various tech stacks. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable, and strategic business for epiFi, from the ground up!
Experience Requisites :
- Experience in managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom-line impact
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
You should apply if you have :
- At least 6 to 10yrs of experience in project / program management Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an MBA or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
- Prior start-up experience highly preferred.
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test-driven development
- Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
- Big-data technologies and ML algorithms experience (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
epifi is an equal opportunity employer and proud of it. We aspire to create an inclusive culture of diverse people not just because it's the right thing to do but because heterogeneity inspires us and is more fun! We employ people solely on merit and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.