Chargebacks & Disputes Associate, Francophone Africa
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: We’re looking for a Disputes Associate (Chargeback & Refund) to join our Regional Operations team. The ideal candidate will join a team that takes responsibility for identifying and reporting issues and following up on corrective actions to resolve differences and deficiencies.
The right candidate for this role should have a solid understanding of card network rules, dispute & fraud monitoring programs, fines assessment, and dispute remediation strategies and best practices.
Location: Francophone Africa (Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing and disputing chargebacks and refund inquiries to recover funds - including investigations of chargebacks and communications with external partners
- Analysing information, thinking through difficult problems, and making critical decisions based on limited information
- Tracking and providing statistics on chargebacks and refunds for the Finance Team
- Tracking and maintaining fraud incident reports and other related analyses
- Making certain that all chargeback activities are handled in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Reporting on Fraudulent vs Service related chargebacks, refunds, actions taken, and results obtained
- Communicating with our Payment Processors/Partners on our external partner’s queries
- Compiling the figures from various databases to build the team's monthly chargeback report.
- Validating chargeback reports by utilising internal and external systems
- Providing relevant internal teams/stakeholders with transactions that have come back as chargeback or refund
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Compliance team.
- Any other duties assigned
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience in dispute/chargeback mitigation within the payments, fintech, or financial service spaces.
- High attention to detail, well organised and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong excel skills, ability to handle large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Client engagement experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage projects
You’ll love this job if you
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have high aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about process improvements
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the organisation from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple activities simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper growth