Settlement Analyst, Francophone Africa
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
We’re looking for a stellar Settlement Analyst to join our Regional Operations team. The ideal candidate will join a team that takes responsibility for identifying and reporting issues and following up on corrective actions to resolve differences and deficiencies.
We’re working on making our regional financial system programmable. The Settlement team plays a critical role in enabling the realisation of this opportunity and simultaneously ensuring optimal validation of balances and the reasonableness of each of the accounts that Flutterwave uses for its transactions.
Location: Francophone Africa (Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all merchant settlements and reconciliation being completed daily, weekly and monthly.
- Review the transaction details from merchants on a daily basic and reconcile every transaction that has been settled; resolving transaction exceptions variances and pending settlements
- Manage multiple merchant related settlements and transaction details on a daily manner
- Enforce strong risk and operational controls at all times and secure satisfactory audit results and adhere strictly with service commitment to merchant settlement
- Ensure all Operations activities are carried out in compliance with authorised processes and procedures and all processes to be documented
- Work in close collaboration with peers from Risk Unit, Finance unit and merchant business support to support the accounting functionality related to reconciliation and settlement
- Prepare and submit weekly report/exhibits of merchant settlement activities
- Participate in the review and development of new initiatives designed to improve on the existing platform
- Support automation/ Innovation, process review improvement developments product operational testing
- Any other duties assigned.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance or business related course with at least 1 year of experience in internal/external auditing or reconciliations
- High attention to detail, well organised and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong excel skills, ability to handle large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Client engagement experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage projects
You’ll love this job if you
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have high aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about process improvements
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the organisation from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple activities simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper growth