AVP, FX Trading - United Kingdom
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The role: Flutterwave is looking for a Trader (UK), whose primary responsibility will be to build and develop a trading strategy for all FLW major currencies in Europe. Additionally, deal structuring would be involved to service our concierge merchants, as well as pricing for our products (i.e. remittance and others).
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be Like
- Develop a strategy for building and scaling a trading desk for EM for G10 currencies, closely managing liquidity across major positions.
- Develop and implement an hedging strategy across major markets
- Structure treasury deals for large merchants across the globes,
- Establish pricing rules for remittance products and new products as required.
- Develop a risk management policy to cover FX and liquidity risks
- Produce newsletters and think piece for merchants
- Establish strong working partnerships externally with key banking partners, LPs & internal stakeholders
- Ensure standard daily and periodic reporting and maintain process documentation for all relevant reports including funding and certain liquidity metrics.
- Support new bank onboarding & FX trading activities as needed.
- Produce financial analysis and market trends reports on FX and liquidity
- Maintains knowledge of financial markets and regulatory updates
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- Continuous evaluation of current processes vis-à-vis best industry practices
- Continuous and effective engagement of relevant stakeholders in achieving operational efficiency and revenues growth.
Required competency and skill set to be a Waver
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 10+ years of experience in FX trading
- Experience & understanding of international payments, banking systems, Crypto and Defi workflow platforms.
- Good understanding of the EM and G10 FX trading operations and local regulations.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, SQL and relevant tools
- Experience or familiarity with all or some of Emerging Markets, FX, and remittances a
- Excellent Financial analytical, strategic planning and execution skills
- High Level attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet set deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills and communication skills.
- Work goal-oriented based on minimum supervision
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity, and ethical standards
- Authorization to work in the country without sponsorship