Sr. Product Manager, Training & Coaching
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Role
In this role, you will be joining the Product Management team reporting to the Director of Product Management. The Product Management function at Highspot is an integral part of the company. You will be jumping into many different projects and features, and will be very hands-on. You will be working very closely with design, user research and engineering to think critically and collaboratively about how to solve complex customer problems. Over time, you will have the opportunity to help shape and grow not just the product, but also the team.
The Senior Product Manager role has an area of ownership within the product portfolio, and works with a feature crew of engineers and designers to identify, define, validate, and ship features. The Training & Coaching pillar is responsible for creating intuitive learning experiences within a native Learning Management System (LMS) that serve as a seamless extension of the Highspot platform and help sales reps master the knowledge and skills needed to be their very best selves. Our mission is to prepare customer facing teams for success with learning that #repslove. We accomplish this both through standalone innovation, and deep integration with the rest of the Highspot platform.
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys understanding a broad set of customer requirements, digging into technical constraints, and using their expertise to deliver an elegantly simple customer experience. This person will benefit from being a skilled communicator, who can drive enterprise-level customer conversations, collaborate effectively with other disciplines, and land proposals with stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- You will work with customers and stakeholders to define a roadmap, problems and requirements, and backlog, then manage them through the product development process from discovery to general availability.
- You will become an expert on our software, customer, and our market, as well as be able to identify, prioritize and execute on both tactical and strategic projects.
- You work well cross-functionally with other teams such as executives, product marketing, customer success and make sure their objectives are met, opinions are considered, and plans communicated.
- You will collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- You will dig deep into customer and usage data to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of our efforts.
- You will work closely with industry experts to understand industry direction and trends and identify opportunities for R&D that can set us apart from the competition.
- This is a senior-level position. You have been building software products for some time and have 5+ years of experience shipping products as a PM in an agile / scrum / kanban environment.
- You have experience working on complex user scenarios, with multiple personas interacting through the tool.
- You have experience understanding intricate systems, and partnering with Design to deliver simple, yet powerful, user experiences.
- You are incredibly detail oriented, and enjoy polishing the experience of your customers.
- You are experienced at taking ideas and ambiguous data, defining the right outcome, and then mapping the right roadmap/backlog to get there.
- You have experience defining a strategic roadmap, leveraging multiple inputs such as user research, customer data and company initiatives.
- You can communicate and articulate the strategy and roadmap to execs, team members and customers.
- You have worked with engineering teams as a product owner and have demonstrable experience leading cross-functional teams to ship high-quality products.
- This is a technical role, you will be able to work directly with senior engineers and instinctively understand technical concepts and trade-offs.
- You are able to comfortably handle many concurrent projects and to do's, and instinctively re-prioritize often without needing guidance. Highspot is in the growth/scale stage and you will be comfortable with the level of ambiguity and workload that entails.
- You are a strong communicator and can lead teams through difficult decisions.
- You have strong data skills in quantitative analytics and qualitative user research.
- You have the ability to roll up your sleeves and pick up work outside of your role definition when you need to.
- You have experience building products for adult learning, online training, ongoing coaching or continuing education.
- You have experience managing products for sales, marketing or other customer-facing teams.
- You have experience in consumer or B2B SaaS and understand the mechanics and economics of a SaaS business.
- You have a technical degree or equivalent work experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.