Senior BI Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Data & Services Engineering (DSE) Team
The Data & Services Engineering (DSE) Team is on the mission of building innovative solutions to drive growth and adoption of the Highspot platform, drive operational efficiency to scale our customer services organization, generate impactful analytics insights we can share with customers and industry, integrate & share curated data from our data warehouse to empower data-driven decision making across the organization.
About The Role
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer with experience in managing and executing end-to-end analytics solutions including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations. You will lead high-visibility high-impact projects and work closely with a skilled and diverse group of domain experts, company leaders, software engineers, data analysts, data engineers, and beyond.
What You'll Do
- Build impactful, automated and actionable reports and dashboards in close coordination with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Model, develop, and deploy standard datasets and top-level business, team, and product metrics.
- Partner with our Services Engineers to identify data and metrics requirements in all our internal tools and write queries to surface those.
- Enhance and maintain our Snowflake data warehouse including monitoring and improving data quality and governance.
- Be a data detective to identify and troubleshoot data issues.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, improving our data pipelines and optimizing data delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative fields.
- 7+ years of experience using SQL in an advanced capacity to extract and transform complex structured and semi-structured data from a data warehouse (Snowflake, Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, Redshift, BigQuery).
- 5+ years of experience using Tableau to build impactful reports and dashboards.
- 5+ years of experience in Python and related analytics libraries to wrangle, visualize, and analyze data.
- 5+ years of experience using git to version control code and collaborate with other Engineers on projects.
- 3+ years of experience working with workflow management platforms like airflow/dagster
- Experience working with dbt is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and solving impactful business problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to explain complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Driven by empathy to support, learn, and contribute to a team’s success.
- Prior experience working remotely with a team based in the U.S. is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.