Senior Director of Services
Sales & Business Development
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Highspot is pioneering the category that is fundamentally changing the way companies increase sales productivity. On a mission to transform the way millions of people work with sales enablement, Highspot is committed to building breakthrough software with a spark of magic. We believe a great place to work is about more than the work – it’s about what the company stands for, and how it authentically represents its values in the real world. To this end, we have put intentional focus on creating equitable workspaces for each of our employees. Our goal is to create a culture where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging and is empowered to be an agent of change, with the ability to transform themselves, their workplace, and their world.
About the Services Team
Highspot’s Customer Services Team is among the best SaaS Services organizations in the world. We pride ourselves on partnering closely with customers to unlock the full value of their Highspot Solutions. We’re responsive, courteous, and committed to the notion that “every customer problem is our problem.”
About The Role
"We are looking for a seasoned, customer-obsessed leader to build a world-class Services team in our Hyderabad office. In this role, you will be a key member of the Senior Services Leadership team, partnering closely with the VP of Customer Services, VP of Professional Services as well as the Chief Operating Officer of Highspot India. You will oversee teams that:
- Lead implementations for new Highspot customers as well as support them on an ongoing basis
- Respond to inbound customer questions and requests for help
- Produce content to help customers self-serve with their Highspot solution
- Act as extensions of customers’ teams, doing hands-on keyboard work to configure and keep up their Highspot environments
Highspot requires colleagues based out of Hyderabad to be in the office three days each week. This helps us build strong relationships and a vibrant, productive office culture. We have some flexibility for colleagues who work during US business hours.
What You'll Do
- Build our Hyderabad team. We have aggressive goals for building out a flourishing Services hub in India. You’ll leverage your existing network and your stellar interviewing skills to recruit and hire a world-class team, including first line managers as well as individual contributors.
- Develop a High Performing, High Engagement Team and Culture. Coach and develop your direct reports (some of whom will be leading teams themselves) as well as individual contributors. Demonstrate very high emotional intelligence. Set and uphold the highest performance standards. Help colleagues “enjoy the ride,” one of our core guiding principles.
- Deliver Highest Levels of Customer Satisfaction and Value. Ensure that customers who work with your team are on an ever-increasing value journey, benefiting from current and future functionality. Obsess about exceeding customer expectations and performance targets.
- Provide Customer Insight. Synthesize key themes from across the customer base and obsesses about creating the perfect customer experience. Serve as the executive sponsor for individual customers. Translates product features to customer impact. Guide your team through complex and difficult organizational issues across all customer segments.
- Scale Organizations, Processes and Operations. Design and execute organizational and process changes as our company grows and evolves.
- Partner effectively across functions. Act as an ally and partner to colleagues in sibling functions in India and across the globe - Product, Account Management, Marketing and others - making decisions that take broader perspective into account and providing insight into others’ decisions. Demonstrate a balanced, reasoned approach to conflict or differing priorities
- Cultivate the deep product knowledge that has to date been one of the hallmarks of the Services team. Gain deep knowledge, understanding, and experience with the Highspot product and how it is integrated with other systems in a customer environment. Provide training/guidance/best practices to customers and team.
- 10+ years of professional services delivery experience with enterprise and strategic customers
- 8+ years of leading high performing teams; experience managing managers is required
- 3+ years working with SaaS products and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Familiarity with SaaS businesses, metrics, goals, challenges
- Proven strong executive leadership and decision making abilities
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and accountability
- Proven track record of hiring, developing and managing world-class talent
- Track record of framing organizational design around an ever-expanding global team
- Extensive experience driving software solutions involving many stakeholders and delivering results on time with high quality.
- Ability to communicate directly to the product and technical teams: share insights into root causes of customer discontent, advocate for features/functionality to eliminate churn, drive customer satisfaction
- Experience working with and deploying CMS/DMS technologies. Working Knowledge of CRM (Salesforce.com, Dynamics 365) architecture and administration
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change
- Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- Experience working part of a Global services organization across Geos is preferred
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Did you read the requirements as a checklist and not tick every box? Don't rule yourself out! If this role resonates with you, hit the ‘apply’ button.