Senior Engineer - Data Support Services Team
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
About The RoleAs a Senior Engineer on the Data Support Services Team, you will help advance Labviva’s product data management and scientific data enrichment systems. These systems prepare materials to allow scientists to search millions of data rich records when ordering equipment, chemicals and lab consumables and provide suppliers with rich analytics about purchased products. You are a fit for the role if you enjoy working on end-to-end solutions in a collaborative environment. Ideally you have experience with e-commerce platforms, database systems and are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You are detail-oriented and innovative in your approach to design and engineer solutions that meet business demands while optimizing for stability, scalability, security and long-term maintenance. How You Will Contribute
- Design, develop and manage Labviva’s data capture and preparation systems aiding its evolution and advancement.
- Balance adding new functionality with reliability, maintenance, performance and security objectives under an agile framework.
- Contribute to an engineering culture of shipping great products. Explore new technologies, methods, best practices and solutions (technical and non-technical) that improve our product and work experience in sync with company growth.
- Build integrations with third party APIs to enable further enrichment of products from scientific sources.
- Aid in planning the future for our technologies, providing meaningful inputs and supporting advancement of our platform.
- Approach the role with an ownership mentality, taking pride in the services we produce.
- Mentor, support and learn from other members of the team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and respect.
- Expert level knowledge in schema engineering, complex SQL query generation, data structure optimization, indexation, and data storage / retention.
- Experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) techniques to aid with data cleanup and harmonization.
- The desire to put engineering skills and techniques to work for our customers, creating great solutions that enhance the daily lives of scientists and procurement specialists.
- Experience with or an interest to use technologies ranging from Node.js, Postgres, SQL, and other technologies to support ETL, big-data, data cleaning, transaction management, and database management.
- A focus on meeting business objectives, constructive thinking, open-minded problem-solving.