Principal Software Engineer- Natural Language Processing
Memora Health works with leading healthcare organizations to make complex care journeys simple for patients and clinicians so that care is more accessible, actionable, and always-on. Our team is rapidly growing as we expand our programs to reach more health systems and patients, and we are excited to bring on a Staff to Principal-level Software Engineer specializing in Natural Language Processing.
In this role, you will have the critical responsibility of driving the enhancement and evolution of Memora’s conversational AI product that understands, triages, and responds to incoming patient messages. The ideal candidate will be able to enhance and evolve Memora’s NLP product and help drive strategy and thought leadership across the company around conversational AI industry trends. Additionally, this role will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand product pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement solutions. Ideal candidates will be driven not only by the problem we are solving but also by the innovative approach and technology that we are applying to healthcare - looking to make a significant impact on healthcare delivery. We’re looking for someone with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Enhance and evolve Memora’s NLP product architecture and implementation, including our patient message understanding pipeline, data collection, and patient feedback processes
- Work with a unique dataset of 100M+ patient interactions, structured conversations, and natural / unstructured data sources
- Keep current with SOTA conversational AI models and emerging architectures for LLM applications
- Help drive strategy and thought leadership across the company around conversational AI industry trends
- Develop models to solve conversational AI problems within our pipeline and work with backend and TechOps engineers to integrate and deploy the models into production
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand product pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement solutions
- Work with product managers, UX designers, and full-stack engineers to build tools for data labeling, content maintenance, etc.
- Promote product development best practices, supportability, and code quality, both through leading by example and through mentoring other software engineers
- 10+ years experience in shipping enterprise-grade software products
- Experience leading complex projects from start to finish and across multiple release cycles, including conceptualization, product integration, deployment, monitoring, and upgrade
- Proficient in at least one ML framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc)
- Experience in building and deploying modern Deep Learning and NLP models into production
- Ability to write readable and maintainable Python code
- Experience with at least one Python web framework - Flask (preferred), Django, FastAPI
- Ability to collaborate with Product Management to clarify requirements, scope work, and drive product deliverables
- Excels in mentoring junior engineers
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other quantitative fields or related work experience
- Experience with Node.js and TypeScript
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience working at a startup
What You Get:
- An opportunity to work on a rapidly scaling care delivery platform, engaging thousands of patients and care team members and growing 2-3x annually
- Enter a highly collaborative environment and work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup
- Work alongside world-class clinical, operational, and technical teams to build and scale Memora
- Shape how leading health systems and plans think about modernizing the care delivery experience for their patients and care teams
- Improve the way care is delivered for hundreds of thousands of patients
- Gain deep expertise about healthcare transformation and direct customer exposure with the country’s most innovative health systems and plans
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work hours, paid maternity/paternity leave, bi-annual retreats, Macbook, and a 401(k) plan
About Memora Health:
Memora Health, the leading intelligent care enablement platform, helps clinicians focus on top-of-license practice while proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys. Memora partners with leading health systems, health plans, and digital health companies to transform the care delivery process for care teams and patients. Our platform digitizes and automates high-touch clinical workflows, supercharging care teams by intelligently triaging patient-reported concerns and data to appropriate care team members and providing patients with proactive, two-way communication and support. Memora Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with clients and team members across the country, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Transformation Capital, General Catalyst, AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Martin Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, Sachin Jain, and several other strategic healthcare groups.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Memora Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.