Lead Software Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2022
Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 2 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 2600+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 2 Million active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised more than US$500 million over five rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
You will be part of the founding team of engineers in our brand new tech lab in India! Initially tasked with building the foundations and establishing the best engineering culture of the tech lab, you will eventually be helping to lead and manage the team of software engineers to design, develop, test and ship software that propels the business forward.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain software that powers Ninja Van's complex logistics operations.
- Own the architecture and implementation of major initiatives, modules and entire products.
- Work in cross functional teams with product managers, UX designers and QA engineers to ship software on-quality and on-time.
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to your team; conduct code and design review; drive code quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Lead your team to write code that you are proud of, with extensibility, scalability and performance in mind.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
- 5-10 years of server-side or full-stack development in a product company, with a proven track record of shipping successful software products.
- At least 2 years in a tech lead role, with demonstrated strengths in software architecture.
- Deep experience in most of our tech stack or similar technologies.
- Bonus: frontend experience in native Android/iOS or HTML5 and React.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js, Python, FastAPI
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell/Debezium, PySpark, TiCDC
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application