Senior Manager, Group Tax
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Senior Manager, Group Tax will be responsible for ensuring tax compliance of direct tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing and cross border transactions for the region.
- Review all subsidiaries corporate tax, VAT/GST and tax related reports.
- Ensures all tax reporting (corporate tax, VAT/GST, etc.) are submitted on time.
- Provide tax guidance, interpreting existing and proposed tax solutions and communicating its impact on our business and financial statements.
- Coordinating and preparing transfer pricing documentations for the group to ensure compliance of transfer pricing regulations.
- Review and document local tax requirements for regional subsidiaries.
- Ensuring compliance of the local tax requirements, including the review and/or preparation of tax returns where appropriate.
- Identify control weaknesses and operational gaps relating to tax in existing processes and provide recommendations to mitigate any risks.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to local finance on tax issues. Identify tax related issues and work with relevant departments on their solutions.
- Monitor and assist in the tax audit process.
- Responsible for tax advisory and cross border finance matters.
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent, with 8-10 years of relevant tax experience, ideally with “Big 4” tax advisory and commercial tax experience.
- Advisory and compliance experience across Direct tax, Indirect tax, International Tax and Transfer Pricing experience.
- Familiarity with double tax treaties, cross-border structuring, corporate restructuring, and international corporate compliance system in the marketplace.
- Working knowledge of Corporate Tax Laws and regulations for key economies within Southeast Asia and China would be an advantage.
- Advantageous to possess wholesale trading and logistics / supply chain industry experience
- Resilient and results-oriented. Able to learn quickly on the job.
- Team player with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise appropriately to accomplish tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with various levels of management and colleagues in different disciplines or countries.
- Ability to think strategically and utilize strong creative problem solving skills
- Armed with natural curiosity and a desire to understand the business, as well as the ability to proactively drive and influence change within the organisation through excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment.
Submit a job application