External Fleet Officer
Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The External Fleet Officer has a two-fold role:
- On-ground project management for scouting and signing external service contractors
- Day-to-day supervision of ESC operations within his region or assigned areas
Consequently, an External Fleet Officer’s key performance goals are the following:
- Ensures that ESCs are resourced and operational within the set target timeline
- Ensures that all ESCs under his care are compliant with NVP policies and the contract that they signed with NVP.
- Ensures that ESCs hit the KPIs implemented, operations conducted by ESCs are running smoothly and operational gaps or problems are resolved promptly
A. External Service Contractor Sourcing
- Actively source for ESCs through various channels
- Conduct initial screening of sourced ESCs and endorse candidates to the External Service Contractor Fleet Manager for deliberation
- Ensures proper communication between the ESC candidate and NVP
- Once finalized, the Area Coordinator may serve as the NVP representative in the ESC contract signing process
B. Station Operations Supervision
- Joins weekly ESC alignment meetings with the ESC Fleet Manager to understand, cascade and ensure new or revised directives and policies
- Conducts random operational audits on ESCs to determine and address operational gaps
- Studies and monitors the individual KPIs of the ESCs and regularly reports their performance to the ESC Fleet Manager
- Escalates problems encountered and provide solutions to upper management and review necessary disciplinary cases related to ESC
- Consolidates reports on ESC activity which will be the basis of Finance in Deductions and Billing
- At least 2 years worth of related work experience, with above average understanding of last mile logistics operations
- Proven leadership or team management experience
- Proven cash management experienceAbove average proficiency in MS Excel & data analysis; knowledge in SQL is a plus
- Can build rapport with riders, station heads, and mid level managers
- Thorough; sharp and quick thinking
- Good judgment
Submit a job application
See more open positions at NinjaVan
Something looks off?