Senior Data Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 2 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 2600+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 2 Million active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised more than US$500 million over five rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain Ninja Van’s infrastructure for streaming, processing and storage of data.
- Build tools for effective maintenance and monitoring of the data infrastructure.
- Contribute to key data pipeline architecture decisions and lead the implementation of major initiatives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop scalable and performant solutions for their data requirements, including extraction, transformation and loading of data from a range of data sources.
- Develop the team’s data capabilities - share knowledge, enforce best practices and encourage data-driven decisions.
- Develop Ninja Van’s data retention policies, backup strategies and ensure that the firm’s data is stored redundantly and securely.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of distributed computing principles.
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of building scalable and performant data infrastructure.
- Expert SQL knowledge and deep experience working with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache Kafka and demonstrated proficiency in Hadoop v2, HDFS, and MapReduce.
- Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark Streaming), big data querying tools (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark) and data serialization frameworks (e.g. Protobuf, Thrift, Avro).
- [Good to have] Experience with infrastructure as code technologies like (Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible, Helm). Don’t sweat it if you don’t have it, as long as it interests you!
- [Good to have] CDC technologies like Maxwell or Debezium.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js, Python, FastAPI
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell/Debezium, PySpark, TiCDC
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application