Senior Database Architect [MySQL / TiDB]
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Monday, June 5, 2023
Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 2 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 2600+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 2 Million active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised more than US$500 million over five rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as the member of our cross-platform Database Services team.
- Lead the data tier architecture and design processes, participate in system and application architecture.
- Performance tuning of MySQL database for transactional and analytical workloads.
- Profiling & performance tuning of SQL queries of performance-critical code.
- Building observability platforms & metrics for monitoring.
- Architect and implement HA/DR/Backup/Maintenance strategies in the company.
- Collaborate with development and business teams.
- Be responsible for defining & meeting various SLAs for multiple database platforms used in the company.
- Troubleshoot and address various issues in the systems.
- Learn other database platforms and technologies.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working with database technologies.
- Experience working with at least two, and expert-level knowledge of at least one database technologies in our portfolio: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB.
- Understanding of various relational and non-relational database technologies along with their benefits, downsides, and best use-case.
- Willingness and commitment to learn other database, automation, and Cloud technologies.
- Proficiency in automation (Any automation scripting tools/technologies).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform system monitoring and address various issues in the system.
- Ability to do performance tuning and database development (PMM Percona monitoring and management/APMs like newrelic, datadog)
- [Good to have] Experience managing databases on kubernetes.
- [Good to have] Python/Golang experience.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js, Python, FastAPI
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell/Debezium, PySpark, TiCDC
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application