Trade Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The role of the Trade Marketing Specialist is to work with the Trade Marketing team in developing and rolling out of trade marketing programs as commercial levers for shipper-facing teams so as to empower them to sell, activate, service and retain more effectively.
This role also works closely with regional trade marketing and different sales channels by providing them help by optimizing Trade Marketing Initiatives.
- Develop and execute trade marketing activities to help increase demand for the company's service and products.
- Contribute to the formulation of trade promotions and activities and to the identification of
- opportunities to different sales channels.
- Integrate trade marketing initiatives to different sales channels and ensure alignment with sales personnel.
- Lead planning, development, execution, monitoring and post evaluation of trade marketing programs.
- Closely work with sales support teams in expanding penetration in different sales channels.
- Ensure implementation of all regional and trade promotions of the company.
- Creating programs mechanics and KPI metrics for different trade marketing initiatives that spans across sales funnel and trade marketing pillars.
- Working closely with the Trade Marketing Manager to work on program details and supervise communication flow between sales personnel.
- Regular alignment meeting with different sales personnel to gather feedback, review progress and program monitoring to ensure KPIs are being met.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring rewards program performance by determining concerns, feedback and gaps among the shippers and sales team.
- Responsible for the cascading of communication materials to the different sales channels.
- To assist in researching and developing a deep set of understanding on the Who, What, When, Where and How- Who should engage, how should we engage, what we should engage them on, when is the best time for engagement, what should be the mode of engagement- virtual or physical.
- Assist in development of engagement playbooks to have better clarity on guidelines.
- Developing engagement tools such as social engagement calendars that could help increase shipper segments for different sales channels.
- Conduct deep diving sessions with different sales teams to identify all engagement channels across different sales channels for each shipper segment.
- Regular check in with trade marketing manager and sales channel personnel to identify possible gaps and challenges in programs and provide them with solutions and/or guidance.
- Communicating with external vendors and service providers on requirements and requests for timely delivery and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Additional certifications or training in trade marketing, brand management, or related areas is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in trade marketing, brand management, or related roles.
- Proven track record in planning and executing acquisition and retention programs. Experience in the FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) industry, retail, and start-up companies is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of trade marketing principles, strategies, and concepts.
- Proficiency in using Google Workspace applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and other relevant software applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to gather, interpret, and analyze data to drive insights and decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey information, present ideas, and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
Submit a job application