Director, Technical Account Management
OwnBackup is one of the fastest growing global SaaS companies. With over 6,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised over $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Director of Technical Account Manager team to lead and manage our customer-facing technical team. The Director of the TAM team will be responsible for managing a team of TAMs who work closely with our clients to understand their technical needs and provide solutions that meet their requirements. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of technology, exceptional leadership skills, and a track record of building and leading successful customer-facing teams.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Manage and lead a team of Technical Account Managers who are responsible for providing technical guidance and support to our clients
- Ensure that the team exceeds customer expectations by providing exceptional service and technical support, solutions, and guidance as a Data Governance SME
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers to identify their technical needs and provide solutions that align with their business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Customer Support, Product, Support, and Engineering engineering to ensure seamless delivery of services and products to our clients.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive customer satisfaction, renewals, and expansion of our services
- Develop and maintain metrics to track the performance of the TAM team, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to improve team productivity and effectiveness
- Manage the team's budget, resources, and staffing needs
Your Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role, such as Technical Account Manager, Solutions Architect, or Technical Consultant
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing and developing technical teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong understanding of cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure technologies.
- Proven ability to manage and develop customer relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for technology and customer success, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Other OwnBackup office locations would be considered.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week.
For the New Jersey based team we also have a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Information on other benefits to be provided, depending on location.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
OwnBackup is a leading SaaS data protection platform for some of the largest SaaS ecosystems in the world, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and ServiceNow. Through capabilities like data security, backup and recovery, archiving, and sandbox seeding, OwnBackup empowers thousands of organizations worldwide to manage and protect the mission-critical data that drives their business.