Healthcare needs good data. At PicnicHealth, we are building deep real-world datasets fueling cutting-edge research while giving patients control of their own medical record data. These complete, clinically-rich datasets produce unique insights — across dozens of diseases — to ultimately get the right treatments into patients’ hands faster. We do this by working directly with patients and leveraging state of the art machine learning to transform messy medical records into structured, research-ready datasets. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients securely access their records and proactively contribute to advancing research in diseases that impacts their lives.
Founded in 2014, PicnicHealth partners with 13 of the top 30 biopharma companies and we have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors including Amplify Partners, Felicis Ventures and B Capital Group.
And we are just getting started! If you are looking to join an award winning, mission-driven, motivated team that is making a real impact across millions of people’s lives, PicnicHealth might just be the place for you.
Most engineers at Picnic are product engineers. On our team, you’d own features end-to-end, from planning out and structuring data models to designing and building front-end interfaces. You’ll need to be able to think independently and operate with a high degree of autonomy, taking problems that may be poorly specified and finding the best solution. You naturally orient yourself to user and business impact. We have challenges ranging from creating new ways to visualize medical information to implementing data pipelines to improving application performance. You’ll need to be able to fearlessly tackle any challenge that gets thrown at you.
As a Product Engineer you will:
- Own features of PicnicHealth: build, deploy, iterate. You’re responsible for what you’re building, and you have creative control over the direction you take
- Ship code to production frequently, often daily
- Work at all levels of the stack — frontend (React, Apollo), backend and web services (Node, Python, GraphQL), infrastructure (GCP, Kubernetes), and data (PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Architect efficient and reusable systems
- Work with engineering, design, operations, and business teams to create new and compelling user-facing features
Key Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience shipping code for 3+ years
- Ability to code on the client and the server for web platforms
- Fluency in the React development ecosystem
- You enjoy designing interfaces almost as much as building them
- You are excited by machine learning and its implications for user interfaces
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Perks & Benefits @PicnicHealth
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
We’re a remote first team and expect to travel to in-person gatherings up to 4 times a year. For our team members in the Bay Area we can offer a hybrid set up to work from the SF office on a flexible schedule.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.