Technical Product Manager, Payroll Engine
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as our Technical Product Manager for Payroll Engines. You'll have a massive impact on our organisation and help create opportunities for millions of people around the world. This is a unique position where you'll be expected to start up a team, set a mission for your team and topic, work with contractors and internal experts to drive the mission forward autonomously, and deliver on our strategic goal to build an API-first payroll engines in our biggest markets.
What this job can offer you
- Help build the future of payroll with senior product leaders at Remote
- Lead efforts across engineering, design, and operations to launch high impact projects
- Ship iterative improvements in a new area of the product
- Work together with engineers and designers to build elegant solutions to complex problems
- Shape and deliver improvements in a focused area of our product
- Help advance key KPIs related to your team’s goals
- Communicate and collaborate internally and externally
- Collaborate with partner teams (e.g. operations) to connect your team’s roadmap to stakeholder needs
- Lead by example on asynchronous workflows and transparency.
What you bring
- Experience as a product manager building payroll engines
- Experience building API products and integrating complex 3rd party systems. It would be amazing if you've built payroll APIs and integrations
- Strong understanding of end-to-end payroll processes and HR functions. Hands-on experience with payroll software and systems is preferred
- High proficiency in data manipulation (eg sql, excel, sheets). You will be data-driven and have experience setting and tracking goals to achieve results
- Great judgment making strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, including across different departments (e.g. operations, business, sales, finance, etc.) to ensure that we are satisfying critical customer, business and operational requirements
- Business-level proficiency writing and speaking English.
- You'll report to: Product Director
- Direct reports: None. This is an individual contributor position
- Team: Product
- Location: We are location agnostic, but will give preference to candidates based in Central and South America.
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a hiring manager
- Async product deep dive
- Interview with stakeholders
- Interview a Director of Product
- Offer (shared async)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Something looks off?