Corporate Accounting Director, Remote
Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About The Corporate Accounting Director Position:
This position will lead the corporate accounting function including overseeing the general ledger and month-end close process, directly responsible for SG&A expenses, own technical accounting including revenue recognition, equity accounting, assist in tax compliance and coordinate the annual audit and lead special projects. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in accounting for small or mid-sized companies focused on financial close and analysis. An independent working style with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality is a crucial necessity for success in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the month-end close process, streamline the calendar and drive efficiency.
- Ensure monthly preparation of bank account reconciliations and general ledger account analyses and reconciliations.
- Record and manage corporate expenses including making sure we put a process in place for documentation.
- Consolidate, review, analyze variances, and report disaggregated and consolidated results to Controllership, other finance functions, and members of senior management.
- Cash management and payment batch review.
- Assist in tax compliance and treasury activities.
- Perform contract reviews to identify complex accounting issues and draft accounting memos to document positions.
- Review new or existing business transactions and processes; document, implement, and communicate conclusions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage stock-based compensation expense, reporting and reconciliation of equity accounts.
- Take the lead in revenue recognition.
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis for new accounting guidance including revenue and leases.
- Support M&A transactions including review of valuation reports and purchase accounting.
- Liaise with external auditors for year-end audits and coordinate preparation of audit schedules.
- Prepare annual financial statements and disclosure checklist.
- Manage and audit usage of corporate credit cards and company expense reports and strengthen policies.
- Assist in the identification, analysis, and tracking of cost reduction projects.
- Provide leadership to include coaching, mentoring, career development and performance management; Actively inspire and cultivate potential on the team.
- Assist in training global accounting teams and the broader finance organization on technical accounting matters.
- Perform special projects; identify and analyze specific problem areas and make recommendations on accounting approaches or corrective actions as relevant.
What You'll Need:
- CPA certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related studies
- 15+ years in corporate accounting, last serving in an autonomous leadership role with ownership and accountability of department deliverables, judgment calls, and highly impactful business activities
- Experience managing and leading highly effective teams of 2+ individuals
- Public Accounting experience or experience with technical accounting in a corporate environment
- Experience with Netsuite required
- Experience with Coupa and Essbase is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated spirit with strong strategic skills
- Experience handling confidential information and matters with discretion
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Stord participates in E-verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.