At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
We are looking for an awesome Senior DevOps/Infrastructure Automation Engineer with expertise in automated infrastructure build tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Salt. This role requires hands-on programming and iterative development for various infrastructure components including web stacks, database systems, security tools, and networking/cloud environment configurations. You have knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure and the networking/security constructs of their Public Cloud environments. You will work closely with the Engineering teams to ensure proper software support, monitoring, and security policies. We understand this is a complex role and do not expect all candidates to possess knowledge of every tool we use--but we do expect the motivation and ability to learn/adapt/overcome challenges with a winning attitude. Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
Please note: This is a remote position based in England, United Kingdom. To be considered for advancement, it is necessary for you to currently reside in England.
Here’s what you'll do
- Champion infrastructure software automation projects and partner across Engineering, Product Management, InfoSec, and QA to define and execute against technical designs following industry best practices
- Collaborate across feature teams to deliver on the infrastructure portion of the product to ensure scalability and reliability of the Synack platform
- Predict and deliver improvements across a diverse scope to our automated infrastructure components within an DevSecOps methodology
- Recommend and implement alternative tools and new technologies that could better solve complex challenges
- Enhance monitoring and alerting across the Synack production application while creating new alerts and responding to issues as needed
- Tune automation to overcome systems performance and stability issues and devise solutions based on limited information and precedent to resolve issues
- Create tests around our infrastructure suite to improve reliability
Here's what you'll need
- 6+ years of experience deploying and supporting scalable and high availability infrastructure utilizing CI/CD tools
- 6+ years of experience supporting SaaS or PaaS in an GCP, Azure, or AWS production high-traffic environment (must have experience with GCP)
- 3+ years of scripting skills in GoLang required and preferably Ruby
- Experience with database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, and Redis
- Experience with message broker/queue technologies like PubSub or Kafka
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and networking concepts
- Experience with event monitoring and alerting tools such as Prometheus, GCP Operations Suite (Stackdriver/Cloud Trace), and Splunk
- Cloud automation experience using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack
- Container Orchestration experience using Kubernetes
- Experience automating tasks with advanced scripting skills
- Understand security in a systems environment (What does a kernel-based rootkit look like?)
- A technical degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. To us, DevOps is a combination of great systems engineering and software engineering
- Experience with side projects where you’ve learned to apply new technologies, frameworks or programming languages
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
(£91,000 - £145,000 p/y) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack