Sr. Manager of Engineering - Data Microservices
Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.
We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
If you're looking for a place to make shit happen, learn fast, and impact emerging markets in a way that hasn't been done before, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
Core Technology Team
As a member of our Core Tech team, you be part of the team that will build the next generation of apps in Yalo. We use cutting-edge technologies in the industry both for backend and front end development.
We’re looking for people that will bring different solutions to the table and work with increasing standards. You will also be able to explore any career path you choose: contributor or manager.
We're seeking a seasoned and forward-thinking Sr. Manager of Engineering, Data Platform to guide and develop our team. This role is critical to our operation, as it supervises a team of 6 data engineers and plays a crucial role in shaping our data and systems infrastructure. As Sr. Manager, you will facilitate and sometimes make technical decisions that will steer the evolution of our data platform services that form the backbone of Yalo's infrastructure.
Your expertise will enable our product teams to make informed decisions, influence our product roadmap, and construct innovative features that directly engage our users.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of skilled data engineers, nurturing their professional development.
- Facilitate and contribute to technical decisions regarding the design, development, and maintenance of scalable data and systems architecture.
- Engage in hands-on coding and reviews, embodying the role of a player-coach.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Develop and implement data and systems standards and best practices to ensure quality and integrity.
- Advocate for data-centric and systems-oriented decision-making throughout the organization.
- Assess and propose technology choices to tackle our unique scaling challenges.
- Coordinate with other product and engineering teams to implement strategic initiatives.
- Stay abreast of the latest data and systems technologies and trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineering Manager or a similar leadership role, with a solid record in team development.
- Expertise in data structures, data modeling, software architecture, and systems engineering.
- Proficiency with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, or Azure) and Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
- Familiarity with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Strong understanding of SQL and experience with NoSQL databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring.
- Deep understanding of data privacy and GDPR regulations.
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, we are dedicated to creating a workplace that embodies our core values: caring, initiative, excellence, and simplicity. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusivity, where everyone's unique perspectives, experiences, and talents contribute to our collective success. As we embrace and respect our differences, we strive to create something extraordinary for the benefit of all.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Our commitment to fairness and equality is a fundamental pillar of our company.
At Yalo, we uphold a culture of excellence. We constantly challenge ourselves to go above and beyond, delivering remarkable results and driving innovation. We encourage each team member to take initiative and make things happen, empowering them to bring their best ideas forward and contribute to our shared goals.