Sr. Frontend Engineer, Platform
Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.
We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
If you're looking for a place to make shit happen, learn fast, and impact emerging markets in a way that hasn't been done before, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
Core Technology Team
As a member of our Core Tech team, you be part of the team that will build the next generation of apps in Yalo. We use cutting-edge technologies in the industry both for backend and front end development.
We’re looking for people that will bring different solutions to the table and work with increasing standards. You will also be able to explore any career path you choose: contributor or manager.
What are the activities of a Frontend Engineer?
- Understanding and analyzing system requirements
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Work with UX designers to deliver effective, high-quality user interfaces.
- Build reusable components for our design system.
- Develop and deploy solutions focusing on end-user experience, high availability, low latency, and scalability.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation.
- In collaboration with the team, participate in the creation of a technology roadmap.
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing insights in terms of performance, security, best practices, and overall code quality.
- Share knowledge, promote standard methodologies, and collaborate with some of the best engineers in the company.
- Write clear and concise documentation.
If you meet the next experience, this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- Experience as a Frontend Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of TypeScript (8/10)
- Knowledge of CSS, and HTML (7/10)
- Knowledge of React (9/10)
- Knowledge of unit testing (10/10)
If you have the next skills and experience it will be a super plus:
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Experience working in an Agile environment. (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience working with REST/GraphQL APIs
- Good understanding of web performance and how browsers and DOM work
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and how to apply them to craft pragmatic solutions
- Experience with integration, and end-to-end testing
What soft skills matter to us?
- A sense of ownership and responsibility for your work
- An ability to work under pressure, knowing the buck stops with you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- A passion for teaching others, and an infinite desire to learn
- Sharp focus and attention to detail by writing tested code
- A positive, service-oriented personality
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
At Yalo, we are dedicated to creating a workplace that embodies our core values: caring, initiative, excellence, and simplicity. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusivity, where everyone's unique perspectives, experiences, and talents contribute to our collective success. As we embrace and respect our differences, we strive to create something extraordinary for the benefit of all.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Our commitment to fairness and equality is a fundamental pillar of our company.
At Yalo, we uphold a culture of excellence. We constantly challenge ourselves to go above and beyond, delivering remarkable results and driving innovation. We encourage each team member to take initiative and make things happen, empowering them to bring their best ideas forward and contribute to our shared goals.