Staff Software Engineer - Data Microservices
Hi! This is Yalo! We are on a mission to bring conversational commerce to the world...
Remember how it used to be to interact with businesses that knew and understood you, that could recommend exactly what you needed, and that with a simple message could get you what you wanted??? Yep... neither do we. That is why at Yalo we are marrying the scale of digital commerce with the personalization and simplicity of conversations to help companies delight their users.
We know that traditional SAAS companies focus on first world problems... we don't! Having started in Latin America, our roots are in Emerging Markets and therefore we care about bringing amazing experiences to a population that traditionally has been underserved, such as the small shop owner in Brazil that is ordering online for the first time.
If you're looking for a place to make things happen, learn fast, and impact emerging markets in a way that hasn't been done before, look no further. 💫
Come Join us in our mission of improving billions of lives through the power of conversational commerce!
We are seeking a seasoned Staff Software Engineer with a deep specialization in back-end data systems. This role will not only demand hands-on expertise in building high-performance data systems but also leadership abilities to guide and mentor our growing team of engineers.
- Design and Development: Architect, design, and implement next-generation back-end data systems that support analytics, insights, machine learning, and personalization at scale.
- Microservices and APIs: Develop, deliver, and maintain robust microservices and APIs to facilitate smooth data access, manipulation, and integration across our platform.
- Specialized Knowledge: Drive the development of systems with specialized databases such as Druid, Pinot, and Elasticsearch.
- Technical Leadership: Act as a tech lead, guiding more junior engineers, ensuring best practices, and setting coding standards.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, product managers, and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high-quality software.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in data systems, ensuring that our systems remain state-of-the-art.
If you meet the next experience this is your role don't hesitate. We want you on the team!
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience with a focus on back-end data systems.
- Proven track record of building and working with large-scale data systems that handle terabytes or more of data, ensuring their scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing microservices and APIs.
- Strong experience in designing and building scalable and resilient systems.
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Proficiency in GoLang, Python, SQL
If you have the next skills and experience it will be a super plus:
- Expertise in databases like Druid, Pinot, and Elasticsearch.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role or leading engineering teams.
What soft skills matter to us?
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, product managers, and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high-quality software.
- Technical leadership, acting as a tech-lead - identifying the right resources, and supporting towards your plan
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What do we offer?
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive rewards on the market range
- Remote working is available (-+3 hours CT)
- Flexible time (driven by results)
- Start-up environment
- International teamwork
- You and nothing else limit your career here
We keep it simple,
We make it happen
We strive for excellence.
At Yalo, we are dedicated to creating a workplace that embodies our core values: caring, initiative, excellence, and simplicity. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusivity, where everyone's unique perspectives, experiences, and talents contribute to our collective success. As we embrace and respect our differences, we strive to create something extraordinary for the benefit of all.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Our commitment to fairness and equality is a fundamental pillar of our company.
At Yalo, we uphold a culture of excellence. We constantly challenge ourselves to go above and beyond, delivering remarkable results and driving innovation. We encourage each team member to take initiative and make things happen, empowering them to bring their best ideas forward and contribute to our shared goals.